Next Hypnobabies Session Starts June 4th!

Isaiah’s Birth Story

Beautiful mom with her beautiful baby!

In one of my first Hypnobabies classes nearly three years ago, I taught the sweetest couple.  This momma was kind enough to bring her baby over to meet me after he was born and share his birth story with me.  Things didn’t go quite the way they planned, but she had used her Hypnobabies tools beautifully and made informed decisions during her birthing time (which is what I always love to hear from my couples, regardless of how the rest of the birth story goes!).

Fast forward a couple of years, and I got a Facebook message from this sweet Hypno-mom that they had had their second Hypno-baby!  Even better, it was everything she had hoped it could be.  I was walking through the grocery store as I was reading her birth story, and I’m sure anybody who saw me thought I was a little off my rocker because I had the biggest, goofiest grin on my face.  I couldn’t help it–I couldn’t stop smiling.

She was gracious enough to let me share their story with you (along with some beautiful photos)!  She said, “After my first birth, I almost felt like it wasn’t possible to have the kind of birth I wanted! It feels awesome to know that my body works great and I did it! I’d love for others to know they CAN have the birth they want.”

Without further ado, here is baby Isaiah’s birth story!

Such a precious little guy!

The birth went great. Perfect even.  So much better than expected.  God is good!

I was due on Oct. 30th.  By Thursday, Nov. 7th, I was 8 days late already!

All day Thursday I felt a little crampy but honestly didn’t think much about it.  It’s happened before.  I had an appointment Friday morning for my membranes to be stripped. All day Thursday I was having tiny waves, but they felt light and short–I was using my relaxation through each of them so they really were no big deal.  About 7:30 p.m. I started having light waves about 7-12 minutes apart, but again didn’t think much of them.  I was easily getting through them with my light switch.  I was pretty much convinced I couldn’t go into labor myself, so I didn’t get too excited.

I went to out to a coffee shop and went to Kohl’s, lol.  I got home and finished the budget, then went to bed about 11 (all in early labor-but not noticing it!).  Once I was in bed, the waves started to get a little more intense and long and about 6-7 minutes apart so I texted my doula.  I was using hypnosis through each one and having to concentrate a little more. She said to time a few and get some sleep. They were about 1 min long and 5-6 minutes apart. Not exactly consistent though.  She said to try to get a little more sleep and call her when I felt like it.  Again, I was easily getting through each of them and sleeping in between. It was just a blur of a few hours.

About 1:30 a.m. the waves were making me really shaky and were getting more difficult to relax through, so I woke my husband up and he started helping me through the waves with counter pressure.  We still weren’t convinced it would happen too soon.  I was feeling nauseated too.  If I would have thought through it I probably would have realized shakiness and nausea were signs of transformation-whoops!

Around 2:40, I started feeling really pushy. With baby #1, I had an early urge to push which caused a lot of interventions, so I got a little worried and called our doula again.  She suggested getting to the hospital.  We called my mother-in-law and waited about 15 minutes for her to come be with our son.  Once she arrived, we hopped right in the car and got to the hospital in about 10 minutes.  When we checked in I was an 8-which was a little discouraging seeing how my body was pushing already and it was getting harder to stop and do hypnosis through.

I got on the birth ball, zoned out, and couldn’t stop the pushing sensation!  4 pressure waves later, and the nurses were freaked out because I was actually pushing on the ball and made me get back in the bed to get checked again.  I almost declined because it was less than 10 minutes before that I got checked, but I climbed up in bed.  The OB that just happened to be there (my midwife and doula weren’t there yet) checked me, and I was complete.   My water broke right after.   I turned over on hands and knees and he was here in 10 minutes!   A much smaller tear this time.  He was perfect!

Things went so quick! I was only at the hospital 20 minutes before Isaiah was born.  Having my first was incredible, but there’s something about natural un-medicated birth.  Amazing!

What a sweet family!

  1. Love it Megan! Thank you so much for sharing our story. Thanks for everything you’ve taught us!!

    • Thank YOU for sharing it! You are truly an inspiration.

  2. A sweet beautiful birth story. An amazing momma, beautiful family, and a blessing of a baby. Love.

Leave a Reply